___

___

SEARCH STUFF

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

April Morning Essay






I think that some of the reasoning behind Moses Cooper letting Adam
fight in the war was that Adam was no longer a small child like his brother
Levi. He was growing up, and if he told Adam not to fight in the war he
probably would have anyway. Quote "If I had forbade  him to sign that
muster book then and there, I would have lost a son. Is that what you want?
But I saw him there so tall and strong I could have wept. You can't shelter
him. There comes a time, and this is that time" (page 75.)


I think that Moses had to die in order for the story to continue because
if he had lived I don't think that the Battle would have been such a alarming
experience for Adam, and because of the traumaticness of watching his
father's death Adam was able to grow up and become more of a man.

Some of the actions of Moses's death were Adam went into a state of
almost shock, and wept and mourned over his father's death "I sat there and
cried. I hadn't cried so much since I was a small boy... Another result of
Moses's death was the meeting of Adam and Solomon Chandler even though
their good friendship only lasted for a brief time

























No comments:

Post a Comment