___

___

SEARCH STUFF

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Furman’s Essay




In 200-400 words, describe your educational goals, your reasons for transferring and your interest in Furman University.


            I plan to receive a strong education throughout the rest of my college years in the business field. Marketing is of particular interest to me, as is music.  I am presently minoring in music and plan to continue along that vain. With the education that I receive I hope to acquire a position in sales and marketing at a renowned company. I believe Furman University is the type of university that will provide me with the tools to assist me in attaining this goal. 


            I currently attend the University of Vermont, which is a fairly large sized university, with large lecture classes.  I feel that a smaller sized school, with smaller class sizes, will be more suitable for me. This would enrich my educational experience because my focus, as well as the professor/student relationship, will improve substantially. 

            I feel that Furman University is also in a better location for me than the University of Vermont. Burlington, VT feels quite isolated. The freezing temperatures, as well as the lengthy winter, made it very uncomfortable to walk around a very large campus. I am also an avid golfer and I feel that the environment at Furman would be provide me this outlet when I am in need of a break from my studies.

            I would appreciate your consideration for transfer into your prestigious university in order to assist me in attaining my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment